Saturday, October 6, 2012

Whistler!

About a month ago Geoff and I went away for a 2 night get-a-way in Whistler. It was such a nice break away from the busy household and especially since I wasn't feeling well and couldn't voice it yet. I enjoyed a quiet nap and a full nights rest... what can I say but BLISS!
Geoff has this really bad bug called 'antsy vacationer'. He's a very typical Vanlaar and has a hard time sitting around while away on holidays. He lugged me up Whistler mountain and pushed me down biking trails. It was an enjoyable time don't get me wrong but the constant annoying fact of wanting to throw up everywhere wasn't fun. Our hotel turned out to be more of a bed and breakfast which was totally fine. But I'd say it was more of a bed than a breakfast. Maybe some of you out there are porridge eaters but I certainly am not and that's all they served. It was really dissappointing so I bought a loaf of bread the next day and had that with sugar.... now we know for next time!
While we were on the peak to peak gondola we talked to some people from Louisiana and she was commenting that they love to come here to Canada once a year. She said the air feels so healthy and the food does too. I had to really think about it because this is so normal to us. We are truly blessed to live in such a beautiful part of God's creation. It was a wonderful getaway and who better to share it with than my  best friend :)
Exploring around Alta Lake and Lost Lake.
We did about 25km of biking!



We met up with a friend of ours- Greg Welfing for the evening, the boys being boys!
After a delicious dinner at the Mongolian grill we walked around the village.

Brandywine Falls. I think this is my favorite waterfall, other than the height we view it from.
We did this bike trail and after an hour into it we still weren't at the suspension bridge like the map said... and I felt very watched so we turned around and went back... maybe we'll have another chance to tackle it another time.


On the peak to peak gondola... wow does it ever go high up.
Nervously sitting next to the window, took some courage to do this.

Black Tusk

"I'm on top of the world!"

Viewing Whistler Village. We stayed near the lake behind my back.

Geoff was dreaming of fly fishing here.


No comments:

Post a Comment