Friday, March 23, 2012

Butterfly creations...?!

I am a recent adict to the website pinterest.com. When Geoff has late night meetings I often spend/waste/kill time browsing this site. I've pinned so many fun things I'd love to do one day. I came across this idea http://www.lucydesignsonline.com/2011/03/dragonflies-part-2.html and thought it would be do-able for decor on the backyard fence. Well today was the day it got done. The kids and I ventured out to Abbotsford in hopes to play at the new play nation (for the second time). The rates were only a $2 admission with free hotdogs and drinks... and lets face it I'm dutch and headed straight for the deal... or not. There was a line up and I can't handle caotic places like that with 150 loud children. I go crazy at home already with 3 who needs a headache like that... anyways, I was supposed to meet up with friends but we had terrible communication so I left and went across the road to Restore/Habitat for Humanity. I love that store! I picked up some beautiful tile for the bathroom backsplash and found supplies to make my butterflies. I came home and put A and A to bed and Geoff was home to watch Camron a second and I ran out to get spray paint. I wanted something fun and bright. Anyways... here's the pictures of my wierd looking butterflies. Geoff doesn't really like them but who needs his opinion anyways :D

It took 4 coats to get a nice deep colour.
These 2 play so well together outside... if only they could do that inside too! They found worms in the gravel. Camron was wondering if they have tv's in their house. Not sure where he got that funny idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment